2016 has been a crazy year full of tremendous change. We saw loads of sudden musician deaths, an insane presidential season with our first reality star president elect, and had never ending hangovers (I don’t know about you but I don’t think I’ve been more drunk in my life! And getting older, these hangovers don’t feel any better). While it’s easy to get down about losing our favorite celebrities (<tear for Prince & Bowie>), the fact that the Giants lost their chance to play in THEE World Series in an even year (WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!) AND Golden State Warriors lost the playoffs, or the state of our country (ahem #notmypresident)… I was thankful to celebrate what I DO have in my life, instead of what I don’t.
- An awesome boyfriend. John moved in earlier in the year and things have never been better. While I know of some other friends who are already married with kids, newly married or newly engaged, or just plain been living with their significant other for a while (or recently split from living with a significant other) – THIS is my first live-in boyfriend and a really big step for me. Not to mention, he’s a cutie ❤
- Our adorable baby cat. She is the best emotional support cat there is (look up #beatrixvonwhiskerton on my instagram if you want proof).
- RENT CONTROL Y’ALL.
- A loving family, even though they are another state away. While we might not always agree on everything, I have a very supportive and loyal family who is always there for me no matter what. Also, I have the most diverse, eclectic group of sisters that a girl could ask for and they are great role models.
- My awesome friends! I love those weirdos! CAN I TAKE YOUR PICTURE SO WE CAN MAKE MEMORIES?!
- This damn city. SAN FRANCISCO YOU ARE WONDERFUL! I feel that I have really come into my own the last almost decade I’ve been here. (WHAT I’M GETTING SO OLD). Where else can you witness the rolling fog (Karl), run in Golden Gate Park, have bonfires at Ocean Beach, get #lit at Gay Pride, experience Bay to Breakers, see too much, see things you never even knew could happen (FOLSOM STREET FAIR if you want specifics), go hiking – wine tasting – camping all at your finger tips, and wear costumes for any and every occasion?!
- Tapping into my creative outlet. Whether it’s through podcasting + djing, art, THIS BLOG, cooking, or attempting the new makeup tutorial, I am thankful that I possess drive to try new and creative things.
- My health.
Here’s to the best stuff out of our shit bag of a year, y’all. Let’s make 2017 GREAT all around 😉